Because I love lists and you probably don’t want to read my life story, here are 10 things about me you might find interesting:
- I was born in Ontario, Canada, but I am not Canadian. However, I am very polite.
- I LOVE all of the Fast and Furious movies. I even went by myself to see one in the theater once. Honestly speaking, I can’t tell you what happened in which one because they all run together for me.
- I’m a legit published author. I co-wrote two books with my friend, Dannah. That was a ton of fun!
- I hate buying disposable things. For real. Not necessarily because I’m trying to save trees, but because I hate spending the money on something that gets thrown away right away. Surely I’m not the only one who feels this way. Can I get an ‘amen’?
- I met my husband, Andy, when we were in 7th grade. The first time I saw him, he was giving a kid a wedgie. So, there’s that. We didn’t start dating until we were 20 and got hitched in 1996.
- Speaking of Andy, we are both artists. Can you imagine? The creativity that goes on in our home can be unsettling at times.
- I’m obsessed with my Miniature Schnauzer, Poncho. And she is obsessed with me. There. I said it. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.
(Poncho is either at my feet or on my lap while I paint. It’s the best.)
- I lived in Kiev, Ukraine for about 2 years right after Communism fell. I used to speak a lot of Russian as a result. Every now and then a Russian word slips out of my mouth even now.
- When I saw Vincent Van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” painting in the National Gallery in London, England, I wept. I was utterly overwhelmed. I have a lump in my throat even as I type this.
- I never feel obligated to finish a book. Even if I’m halfway through it and I get bored with it, I’ll just close it and not pick it up again. No problem.
Also, when the photographer took the picture at the top of this post, she told me to “look down at the floor and smile.” As it turns out, smiling comes naturally when someone tells you to look down at the floor and smile. I mean, what else are you gonna do but laugh? And it turned out to be a pretty shnazzy picture. So I encourage you, when in doubt, look down at the floor and smile. You’ll look very artsy-fartsy and interesting.
Love beats fear,